Monday, November 2, 2009

In which I am ignored, repeatedly

This is also a super quick post - I promise I shall have more actual interview stories starting tomorrow, but anyway - I am particularly frustrated right now because I'm currently being ignored by a company that has already brought me in for two interviews and now...is ignoring me. And also, this is the THIRD company that's done that to me.

I mean, I can obviously understand ignoring the initial application. These people are getting 9000 applications an hour, no? So, you know, I see the job posting, I apply, I stalk the internets for people I might know there who I can harass about the job, and then I go about my day. Whatevs.

I can SORT OF understand ignoring me after the first interview - I mean, if it was just, like, a phone interview, and you didn't even bring me into the office so you could walk me up and down the cubicles and awkwardly introduce me to people passing by whom I'll never see again - I suppose I can understand that.

But making me come in for TWO interviews in which I had to pay LOTS OF MONEYS so I could actually travel BACK DOWN TO DC for YOUR INTERVIEWS and then PRETENDING LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME when I try to nicely ask, three weeks later, "oh, hey, so, just wondering about this here job situation," is, I say, NOT NICE. NOT NICE AT ALL.

I realize that you think you have the upper hand here, being "employed" and everything, and think that you can just get my hopes up and then crush them like a little bug, but I HAVE A BLOG. That is read by TENS OF PEOPLE A DAY. So I WILL BLOG ABOUT YOU and then you're going to feel REALLY BAD.

Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. Its S's mom again. Sorry its only my second comment, but I look forward to and have read each painful moment in this journey of yours. I can't take it any more. I'm a mom. I want to jump to your aid and lay some heavy mom guilt on these rude employed elitists. I suffer through each interview with you. Hang in there, grow a thick skin...cause it just gets worse, until it starts getting better, than its great.M.

    ReplyDelete