Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In which my interviewer has no idea who I am

So. Have you ever gone into an interview and had the sneaking suspicion that your interviewer has no idea who you are? Like, you know, he was really hassled that morning and didn't have time to get any coffee and he's kind of got a lot on his mind and sort of forgot that you were supposed to be coming in for an interview, and then all of a sudden you show up in the doorway of his office and he's all, "Oh! Hey...hey, uh, you! Who...I mean, do you, uh, have a copy of your resume? Because I don't, uh, have - have it on me. Yeah."

And then, because you are an interview PRO at this point and DO have MULTIPLE copies of your resume, you pass it over to him, and he tries to act like he's just skimming it, but you can tell that he's really trying to read it intently because he STILL HAS NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE?

And then he says "Soo...I, uh, I'm not really sure what to ask you, because I, well - I sort of forgot you were coming in today."

And you say, "Oh! Um...well, I...I guess I'll just tell you about my background, and why, um...why I might be good for this - this job," and you awkwardly talk about yourself for ten minutes?

And then, of all the things you mentioned, for some reason he latches onto the fact that you once used a Canon ZR900 digital camera, and he asks you 15 questions about various Cannon models and whether he should buy one?

And then he thanks you for coming in, and then you never hear from him again?

Anyone? No? Just me?

Super.

AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, in retrospect, he looked a lot like this creepy man.

And that makes me shudder because that is the SCARIEST COMMERCIAL I HAVE EVER SEEN. I want to tell that women to RUN FOR HER LIFE because her boyfriend is an AXE MURDERER who has probably already taken the battery out of her car and cut all the phone lines to their mountain cabin.

I don't care what kind of necklace he gives you, lady, it's NOT WORTH IT.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that one is almost as creepy as the one where the boyfriend takes the girl to all their old spots, and then to a new one - when she doesn't remember it, his response is the creepiest ever "oh, but you will". Is it just me, or is Kay marketing itself to the future serial killers and the women who are their next victims?

    ReplyDelete