Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In which we have happy holidays



Yes, internets, I wish you all unbridled joy. And now, since I don't have any money to buy you real presents, my Christmas gift to you is one very short terrible interview story.

I had an interview at a marketing firm, and ended up waiting (naturally) in the lobby/waiting area for awhile. I guess they had had some party, or something, because there were a bunch of sodas in the waiting room, and the receptionist was all, "oh, help yourself, do help yourself!"

"Well, ok," I said, and cracked open a Diet Coke.

Then my interviewer appeared.

"[K]? Great to meet you, let's - IS THAT A BEER?"

Me, glancing alarmingly at my Diet Coke can: "What? No! It's a Diet Coke. From - from your party?"

Interviewer: "OH. OK. I thought it was a beer."

Me: "Erm...no. Diet Coke."

Interviewer: "Great. Let's go."

Anyway, I hope you all have lovely holidays filled with beer, Diet Coke, and Christmas cheer. See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. Please don't get to the point where you're so discouraged that you are bringing a can of beer to interviews, just to see what they'll say.

    ReplyDelete