Monday, December 14, 2009

In which I am ignored, for the 483290784th time

Another day, another job possibility slowly crumbling into dust and drifing away on the winds.

Ugh. OK. Now, just...OK. I don't even really...argh. Am too frustrated to even type. OK. Here's the situation.

I recently had a phone interview with a certain company. And then I traveled to another city on my own dime (and my dimes, internets, are few and far between) to have a second, in-person interview with said company.

"Well, we are DEFINITELY going to make a decision by the end of [X] week," said the company. "We're moving fast because we're going to need this person to start absolutely no later than [Y] date. OK? Is that a problem for you?"

"No! Definitely not!" I said, ignoring the fact that the logistics of such a schedule did, in fact, present a lot of problems, not least because I don't actually live in the city where the job is...but WHATEVER, IT IS A JOB POSSIBILITY.

Then said company asked for my references. "Of course I'll give you references!" I chirped happily.

THEN, said company actually CONTACTED one of my references about setting up a call to chat. ABOUT ME.

"HOORAY!" I said when I heard this from said reference. "DOUBLE HOORAY! THIS MAY ACTUALLY WORK OUT AND PUT AN END TO THE HORRID, HORRIBLE YEAR KNOWN AS 2009!"

And then...nothing. The call was never scheduled, and my lovely reference can't even get a hold of this company to find out what's going on. And my other references never heard at ALL from said company.

And I am being, as usual, COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Oh, AND, [X] week has come and gone and [Y] start date is, oh, approximately a week away.

Now. I'm not delusional, internets. I know there are a lot of people applying for jobs out there, and I don't expect to hear back from anyone when I apply for anything. I don't even expect to hear back after having one interview.

But is it SO MUCH TO ASK, after I've had TWO INTERVIEWS, ONE OF WHICH involved me TRAVELING to get to said company, and after MY REFERENCE HAS BEEN CONTACTED, for someone to at least LET ME KNOW if they've decided NOT TO HIRE ME?

Is that so much to ask? IS IT??????????

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stick my hand in a jar of acid because IT PROBABLY WON'T BE AS PAINFUL AS THIS EXPERIENCE.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for another terrible experience.

    But then you had to go and make me laugh at the end!

    "He once stuck an opponent's wife's hand in a jar of acid. At a party." WASHINGTON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after which you can kill your sensei in a duel - BUT NEVER SAY WHY

    i love you forever browniee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am frustrated for you! And yes, for some companies it is too much to follow-up like decent human beings. I had 4 interviews with one place, including a conference call to Paris that I went in to the U.S. based office at some insane hour of the morning to have...mind you they "forgot" to let me know I wasn't selected. And there were only 2 of us in the running.

    ReplyDelete