Thursday, December 3, 2009

In which I digress from interview stories

I actually didn't have to time write up an interview story today - sorry, sorry sorry - but I did want to share a small tidbit from my day at my temporary job:

Today, when I got on the elevator, the man riding the elevator with me was all, "what floor?" and I was all, "15, please," and when I glanced at him I realized he was wearing a leather jacket with...

wait for it...

waaaaaait for it...

...a rabbit's foot attached to the breast pocket. A rabbit's foot, dangling down his chest.

A RABBIT'S FOOT.

The last time I even SAW a rabbit's foot was circa 1993 so this made me VERY EXCITED.

So naturally, I said, "I like your rabbit's foot." And the man looked at me like I was a crazy lady who talks to strangers in elevators.

So it was kind of like having a terrible interview, no?

But to you, rabbit's-foot-touting-man, I say: IF YOU ARE OPENLY SPORTING A RABBIT'S FOOT ON YOUR JACKET, IN A PUBLIC ARENA, YOU SHOULD EXPECT COMMENTS FROM STRANGERS.

THAT IS ALL I'M SAYING.

Alright. We will return with more terrible interview stories in the next post.

1 comment: