Thursday, January 14, 2010

In which I am on pins and needles

Well, I just had another interview for a job that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY REALLY want. A MILLION TIMES WANT. As for the interview itself...well, it could be looked at either way. There was a lot of laughing. I'm just, ah, not totally sure if my interviewers were laughing WITH me or AT me.

Anyway, if I don't get this job, I'm sure I'll convince myself that the whole interview was "terrible" and post the full story here - after I curl into a ball on the floor, sobbing and trying to stave off panic attacks about my life, that is.

If I DO get this job - well, it will be a freaking miracle.

For now, I'll leave you with a little teaser from the interview - a preview, if you will.

[Interviewer]: "What do you look for in a workplace?"

Me: "Well, most of my experience has been in a very collaborative environment. So I really enjoy working with coworkers, together, as part of a team. You know, instead of sitting by myself in a cubicle!" HAR HAR awkward laugh!

[Interviewer]: "Hmm."

Me: "Erm...yes?"

[Interviewer]: "You do realize that for the majority of this job, you would be isolated from the rest of the group, don't you? So...you'll actually be sitting by yourself. In...a cubicle-like situation."

Me: "Oh."

[Interviewer]: "Yeah."

Me, clearing throat: "Hrrrrrpm. Uh, well, I was...just kidding. That's...working alone is...also very enjoyable."

Oh God.

So as you can imagine, I'm on pins and needles, waiting to hear something. Tick tock, tick tock.

1 comment:

  1. I want you to get it too!! My fingers are crossed!! -- Victoria B.

    ReplyDelete